Backcountry / Touring Access
Whether you're planning a family day trip to explore our winter wonderland or seeking an entire season of unlimited skiing and snowshoeing, Whistler Olympic Park has you covered!
With the Backcountry Access day ticket, you'll have parking for one vehicle in the Backcountry Parking Lot near the Biathlon Stadium. This convenient location provides access to designated routes leading to the Hanging Lake and Beverley Creek trailheads. Please note that overnight or after-hours parking is strictly prohibited anywhere within Whistler Olympic Park.
Backcountry Access Guidelines & Recommendations
- Whistler Olympic Park only provides parking access to backcountry areas, we are not responsible for the safety of persons entering the backcountry. Users enter at their own risk. Access is available for day trips only, no overnight parking is available.
- To park at Whistler Olympic Park, purchase a Backcountry Access ticket online ahead of time or at the gate on the day (one ticket per vehicle required). Please take note of gate opening and closing times on our conditions page. Gates are locked nightly.
- Display a valid/filled-out Backcountry User Dashboard Permit in your car (link above). In the event that the owner of a vehicle cannot be located, the Park will contact the RCMP who will in turn contact the appropriate search-and-rescue organizations.
- Access the backcountry trailheads from the designated trails only (see our Ski Trail Map above). Backcountry signage is posted to help navigate toward the backcountry access points.
- Important: DO NOT ACCESS either trailhead by touring up the side of the ski jump or through the snowmobile access road. Although these two areas have been recommended in guidebooks as access routes, they are dangerous areas due to avalanche hazards and the movement of machinery.
- In the event that the owner of a vehicle parked within Whistler Olympic Park cannot be located after closing time (4.30 pm), the Park will contact the RCMP who will in turn contact the appropriate search-and-rescue organizations. Vehicles left within the Park after hours will be towed at the owner's expense.
- If you anticipate that your trek may extend past our regular hours of operation, we suggest parking at the nearby Alexander Falls Recreation Site. Please note, Whistler Olympic Park does not manage snow clearing at this lot. Make sure you have purchased a Backcountry Access ticket for use of Whistler Olympic Park’s trails.
Backcountry Terms and Conditions
Valid for one vehicle on the selected date during Whistler Olympic Park operating hours in winter 2023/24. Ticket is non-refundable and non-transferable. No overnight parking within Whistler Olympic Park is permitted. Vehicle license plate and contact details are recorded in case you do not return to your vehicle by our daily closure time. Details will be passed on to RCMP and in turn, appropriate search-and-rescue organizations will be contacted.
Whistler Olympic Park is proud to be a not-for-profit organization. The revenue from your visit contributes to the success of Nordic athletes & helps maintain our venue for all to enjoy.